Tuesday, May 2, 2023

We’re on Our Way to France

Our bags are packed, and we’re ready to go, but Tim and I couldn’t get going until almost 4:00 pm. Our wonderful neighbor Fran drove us to the Northern Colorado Regional Airport, which is ten minutes from our home, and we boarded our Landline bus to the Denver airport. We finally were able to take advantage of TSA Pre-Check, although my bag was flagged and opened for some unknown reason.

Yes, We Are Doing Carry-On Only!

Thanks So Much, Fran

We made our way to the United Club lounge, where we enjoyed a light snack and quiet time before our flight. I must admit that I was more than a little excited to join the privileged few, who were the first to board, and to make our way to our seats in Polaris, United’s business class.

Tim and I Look a Bit Blue Due to United's Mood Lighting, But We're Certainly Not Feeling Blue!

What immediately struck me was not just the amazing lie-flat seat and its amenities, but how friendly everyone was. Our fellow passengers were just as nice as the crew, who could not do enough for us. Tim and I opted for the express meal service, rather than having each course delivered individually, in the hopes that we could get to sleep a little earlier. Dinner was delicious.

I probably should have watched a YouTube video to know all the ins and outs of my fabulous seat, but I finally figured out how to make my bed for the night. Ah, stretching out all the way was divine!

Dinner Is Served

I Don't Watch Movies (I Prefer to Read), But I Love the Real-Time Maps

Still, morning came quickly, but we enjoyed a nice breakfast before arriving in Munich, where we changed planes. Business class was everything I had hoped for, and then some. I am so totally spoiled now!

Passport control was surprisingly quick and easy, but finding our gate less so. Gate information on the flight information display board was incomplete, so we headed to the gate listed on our boarding pass. Of course, this gate was at the very end of the concourse. We then found out that the gate had been changed and headed back the other way, still not sure where we were going. Only then did I think to look at my phone, where I saw a text message with the new gate information. Wouldn’t you know, this gate was at the complete opposite end. We didn’t have a lot of time, so we had to hurry, and somehow, in the process, I did something to my knee. Ugh!

We finally made it to our new gate and boarded our Lufthansa flight to Nice. We were served a nice lunch in business class and arrived on schedule. Except for the mix-up in Munich, our flight experience was very smooth and easy.

We Have Arrived in Nice, France

No comments:

Post a Comment