Tuesday, May 9, 2023

I Closed on the Sale of My Miami Condo!

When we left for France earlier this month, I knew that the closing on the sale of my Miami condo would be taking place remotely. On May 5, I received an email from NotaryCam to complete my ID Credentials Analysis. Yesterday, Ivette, my closing agent, notified me that my ID had been verified, and she confirmed my e-signing appointment for 6:15 pm (my time) today.

Ivette has done many remote closings and has been so helpful in walking me through this process. My main concern has been the reliability of the ship’s Wi-Fi connection since I have not been able to use our cellular data. Luckily, today’s connection looked great.

At the appointed time, I was able to connect with Ivette remotely, and we began the process. Using remote online notarization, or RON, I held up my driver’s license and my passport in front of my computer screen, and the notary who had joined the video conference then confirmed my identity. The three of us signed all the documents electronically, and the closing was over. It’s amazing what can be done online these days!

I am officially free of Miami now! It was time to celebrate with a cocktail.

SOLD!

After dinner, I found an email from the buyer’s attorney. She asked me to call her so that I could provide a required verbal ok for the wire transfer. When I had trouble reaching her, Drago, the head of Guest Services, helped me out. Since I never make international calls, I had forgotten to use a +1 to call Florida. Drago tried to call her on my behalf, but there was no answer. While I was trying to figure out what to do next, she called me back. I verified my banking information, and the money was in my account almost immediately. I think that was the final step. Whew!

I later tried to open a CD account for the world cruise payment, but the new bank I was planning to use thought I lived in France and could not do so. I finally moved the funds to my Capital One savings account to get a fairly good interest rate until we could get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment