Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Second of Four Sea Days

How nice to wake up to sun, puffy clouds, and blue skies this morning. What a change after yesterday’s storms. As we sail eastward, we are gaining an hour almost every day, a civilized way to deal with jet lag and so much nicer than flying across the ocean.

While Tim and I were in the World Café today, we saw another ship in this vast ocean we’re traversing. I need to get a the marine tracking app to help identify the ships we encounter.

We Are Not Alone in the Atlantic, Although It May Appear So at Times

Some veteran cruisers say that it is wise to take a cruise with multiple sea days before booking a world cruise to see if you will enjoy it. I already knew that I liked an occasional sea day, but I have been very content to have multiple ones in a row.

Since Viking bills itself as the “thinking man’s cruise,” there are always lectures on board. Unfortunately, many are not scheduled at convenient times for us, particularly the 6:30 pm one. Luckily, all lectures and port talks are recorded, and we can watch them on the TV in our stateroom. This is one way we have been occupying our time on days at sea. Most lectures are quite good, although I did fall asleep while watching one today.

Tim got a haircut and beard trim today while I watched a presentation on expedition cruises to see if I could get a few tips for the one we just booked. (Don’t worry, I’ll write about that one soon.)

Tim and I Pose in the Atrium in Front of One of the Many Christmas Trees

Tonight, we finally went to Manfredi’s Italian Restaurant for dinner. We were asked if we would like to join guests at a larger table, and we thought that would be nice. We sat with two women and had a very pleasant conversation.

My choices for dinner were Insalata Caprese, Linguine ai Gamberi, and Tiramisu Classico for dessert. Although there were complaints about the swordfish that two people ordered, my pasta with shrimp was quite good. I have never seen a shrimp so large.

Have You Ever Seen Such a Huge Shrimp?

We're Almost Halfway to Bermuda Now

No comments:

Post a Comment