Saturday, December 16, 2023

The First of Four Sea Days

After leaving the Azores, we have four sea days in a row before we reach Bermuda. Today, the seas were rough, the sky was dark, and the rain was heavy. I still haven’t quite mastered the art of walking in a straight line while the ship is rocking, but I’m getting lots of practice.

Tim and I slept late but made it to the World Café before it closed. I think this venue is staying open later on sea days. Needing another cappuccino, we relocated to the Living Room, where they serve the best coffee on the ship. We have enjoyed many a cappuccino there since we’ve been on board.

An Excellent Cappuccino

Sea days can be as relaxing or busy as one desires. There are many lectures, workshops, games, and movies to keep anyone occupied. Mostly, we relaxed today.

Tonight, we returned to the Chef’s Table for the Asian Panorama menu. Inspired by the ingredients and unusual tastes of this vast continent, the menu featured combinations of the five fundamental tastes of Asian cuisine – umami, sweet, sour, salty, and bitter.

Each course was delicious, but I especially loved the lobster and chicken shu mai. I could have made an entire meal out of these soft, puffy dumplings. The yuzu crème brûlée was a perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

Amuse Bouche, First Course, Granita, Main Course, and Dessert

The Menu with Descriptions of Our Five Courses Pictured Above

It’s difficult to compare the offerings at Chef’s Table since I seem to enjoy all of them, but if I had to choose between the two Asian menus we’ve had so far, I’d have to give an edge to the Xiang menu. That one has been my favorite.

Our Journey Across the Atlantic To Date

No comments:

Post a Comment