Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Into the Bermuda Triangle

We may not have made it to Bermuda today, but we did enter the Bermuda Triangle at 6:00 pm. Viking has been taking very good care of us on these many sea days, and I have continued to be quite content.

Viking held a Crew Emergency Drill this morning, and I found it very interesting to watch. I even learned where the “Crew Only” door near our stateroom goes – out to the lifeboats and lockers for the life vests. These drills also gave me an opportunity to see crew members who work behind the scenes as they walked to their muster stations.

All the Crew Participated in the Emergency Drill

Captain Richard’s navigational update included his explanation of the Bermuda Triangle, hoping to allay the fears of any guests who might be a bit apprehensive. He assured us that traveling through there is perfectly safe. To bolster this claim, he noted that Lloyd’s of London does not charge a premium for this passage. He ended with the pronouncement that tales about the Bermuda Triangle are simply an urban legend and a “load of poppycock.”

Unfortunately, the update also included an advisory that we would soon encounter rough seas once more. And we did! Oh well, we just roll with the waves.

Tim and I have been running into Kathy and Bill quite often. They are one of the couples who were with us on the pre-cruise extension, and it’s always nice to talk with them. We’ve enjoyed several meals together, including lunch today.

Bill and Kathy

Since we only have a few days left on Viking Neptune, Tim and I decided it was time for afternoon tea in the Wintergarden. The finger sandwiches and sweets were not only delicious, but pretty as well.

Afternoon Tea

Tonight’s menu in the World Café featured an Indian buffet. The presentation included a selection of spices that are typical of the cuisine. Although I’m not a huge fan of Indian food, I found that I enjoyed the various dishes I selected.

I Loved the Display of Indian Spices

Sailing into the Bermuda Triangle

No comments:

Post a Comment