Monday, May 20, 2024

Home Again

I had less than a three-hour drive today, so I didn’t rush to get going. US 34 was mostly a very good drive, despite a slowdown caused by a lineup of trucks for part of the way.

I arrived in Fort Morgan, Colorado, where Time grew up and stopped to say a quick “hello” to Chris, my sister-in-law. She was at work, so our visit was brief, but it was so nice to see her again.

When I reached Greeley, Colorado, I stopped to see Chris’s twin sister Cathy, another sister-in-law. Cathy was also working, so we only had a short time to chat. I enjoyed seeing these lovely women again.

My First Glimpse of My Beloved Snow-Capped Rocky Mountains

Before long, I pulled into our garage and ended my trip. It was especially nice to see Tim again. I had really missed him.

Final Tally - 3,528.4 Miles

Now, it’s time to unpack, do laundry, and get caught up on everything that’s been going on while I’ve been away.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for sharing your trip. I enjoyed seeing the state capitols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. The state capitols were an unexpected highlight of the trip.

      Delete