Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Which World Cruise Might Be Right for Us?

While waiting for my tenant’s decision, I reminded Tim of my promise to use the money from the sale of the condo for a world cruise. Tim and I talked seriously about the idea and discussed the pros and cons. Could we really do this? Although a world cruise was my idea, not Tim’s, he went along with the idea. He seems to indulge me in almost anything I set my mind on.

When deciding on a world cruise, there are many factors to take into consideration. Which cruise line? Which itinerary? Which dates? We immediately narrowed our choices to Viking and Oceania. I loved our Viking cruise, but I had heard wonderful things about Oceania as well.

World cruise itineraries generally follow two routes – one is the South Pacific to Asia to the Mediterranean, and the other is South America to Africa to Asia. Tim and I both decided that the first option would be our first choice.

Our first choice for dates was 2023-2024. Why should we wait until 2024-2025? It soon became clear that we would probably have to wait, however. Final payment for a 2023-2024 cruise would be due this May, and the condo might not be sold by then. So, 2024-2025 it was.

Next came checking itineraries for 2024-2025. Oceania had posted its options, and all cruises followed the South America to Africa route – our second choice. We waited for Viking’s announcement and were happy to see that its itinerary was our first choice. So, Viking it was.


Viking World Cruise Press Release

The final decision was a surprisingly easy one to make. Now we just need to wait for my tenant’s decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment