Thursday, January 19, 2023

We Did It!

We did it! We fully committed to the world cruise by making our very substantial deposit. While most of Viking’s ocean cruises are only requiring a limited-time $25 deposit, the world cruisers were not so lucky! Thankfully, we have until May 15, 2024, to make our final payment. I’m not sure the reality has sunk in yet, but that’s okay. I have 699 days to get used to the idea (and to sell the condo so we can pay the final bill)!

Status - CONFIRMED!

Surprisingly, I only realized today that I’ll be celebrating my 75th birthday while on the cruise. We are scheduled to be in Lofoten, Norway, that day. I love Norway and look forward to exploring the northern coastline.

What a way to start the new year! In less than two weeks’ time, I committed to selling my condo in Miami, Tim and I accepted three-month volunteer positions at AGFO, and we booked and made a deposit on a world cruise. WOW!

Oh yeah – one more thing. I decided to put words to paper again and started this blog! You can read about how the blog came to be in “Our Story.” The “Our Story” page can be found in the tab below the top header.

No comments:

Post a Comment