Sunday, January 29, 2023

New Flights to Nice for Our France’s Finest Cruise

Prior to our France’s Finest river cruise in May, we will be spending a few days in Nice. We had booked our flights way back in July of 2022, but in October, United cancelled our reservations due to a change in scheduling. We could no longer fly Denver-Newark-Nice.

Although we were able to book a new itinerary, I was never too excited about the fact that our outgoing flight was now on Lufthansa, not United, and that we would be changing planes in Frankfurt, with a very long layover. We had only selected that flight because it was so much less expensive than any other option. It certainly wasn’t bad; it just wasn’t great.

In December, we received an email from United, notifying us of a schedule change, giving us an even longer layover in Frankfurt. We could change our flights, but the options were still too expensive. I did make a point to regularly check availability and pricing, hoping something else would open up. And it did!

Today, I saw that the fare on a United flight had dropped below what we had originally paid. Even better, we would connect through Munich, not Frankfurt. It was quite simple to change our reservations to the new itinerary.

I am so excited that we will get to experience United’s Polaris business class and its lie-flat beds. I know we will be forever spoiled, but I don’t care. I’m too old to sit up on an overnight flight when there’s another option. Now I’m really happy!


Our Seat Assignments in United's Polaris Business Class

No comments:

Post a Comment