Thursday, January 12, 2023

What About the RV?

Deciding to sell the condo in Miami prompted me to ask the question, “What should we do about the RV?” “Should we sell it?” After hanging up our keys in 2019 and settling into our home in Colorado, we continued to use our RV for one purpose only – volunteer and/or contracting museum projects at national park units.

Should We Sell the RV?

We had traveled to New River Gorge National Park and Preserve in West Virginia for two months each in 2020 and 2021, and to Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park in Texas for two months in 2022. Since March of 2022, however, the RV had mostly remained in storage, and I wasn’t sure if we’d ever do another project.

When I posed the question today, Tim surprised me and responded that he wanted to volunteer at Agate Fossil Beds National Monument (AGFO) in Nebraska from August to November 2023. I had just seen the posting at Volunteer.gov, and I immediately jumped on the idea. I love working with museum collections at national parks, but I hadn’t thought much about future projects while we were so focused on world cruises.

I quickly switched gears and updated our resumes, and we applied for the volunteer positions. It was less than two hours later that we called our travel agent to book the world cruise! Two major decisions completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment