Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dipping Our Toes Into Cruising

I guess it was during our COVID lockdown that Tim and I started seriously discussing the possibility of taking a cruise at some point in the future, and in January 2021, we selected a cruise on Viking and booked the Viking Homelands cruise for May 2022. In April 2021, we added the British Isles Explorer itinerary to make our cruise a 30-day, back-to-back journey.

During the year prior to the start of that cruise, I continued to learn all I could about various cruise itineraries, as well as the basics of cruising. I found the Cruise Critic forums and regularly perused the postings there. I continued to follow blogs about cruises, including several from the Viking World Cruise of 2021-2022. For me, reading a good blog gives me a much better idea of what to expect than simply reading a guidebook.

Although Tim and I had fun selecting potential cruise itineraries, I never seriously considered a world cruise. Yes, I continued to read and dream about one, but the cost was not even remotely feasible for us.

Our Viking Homelands/British Isles Explorer cruise on the Viking Venus in May-June 2022, was simply wonderful. We loved the cruise! In fact, we enjoyed the experience so much that we booked an additional two cruises for 2023 while we were on board.

We enjoyed being on the ship for 29 days, and the idea of a much longer cruise seems even more appealing.

We Loved Our Cruise on Viking Venus

No comments:

Post a Comment