Monday, May 30, 2022

Sail Away from Oslo

For the last day or so, I had not been feeling my best. I felt worse overnight and just wasn’t up to visiting the Munch Museum this morning, so I sent Tim off on his own. I was disappointed, but that’s life.

Although I seemed to be coming down with a cold, I was truly afraid it might be COVID. That was unlikely, however, since we are tested every day. Just to be safe, I visited the Medical Center on the ship and explained my situation. The staff doublechecked my test results and confirmed that I did not have COVID, just a nasty cold.

Our sail away from Oslo was scheduled for noon, and I watched the sights from our cabin as we sailed along the Oslofjord.

We soon passed close by the Dyna Lighthouse. About an hour later, we sailed through a very narrow channel at Drøbak . Here, we saw Oscarsborf Fortress in the middle of the fjord. This coastal fortress is best known for sinking the German battleship Blücher on April 9, 1940.

Our Last View of Akershus Fortress

Dyna Lighthouse

Oscarsborf Fortress 

Oscarsborf Fortress 

Sailing Away

Except for that little bit of sightseeing from our cabin, I took it easy all day and even ordered room service for dinner. Isn’t chicken soup supposed to cure a cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment