Friday, May 20, 2022

On Board the Viking Venus

A quick taxi ride delivered us to the Viking Venus for a very easy embarkation. The ship is beautiful, and I really appreciate the minimal Scandinavian décor.

We were soon able to access our stateroom, which I also admired. The size is perfect for us – it is even palatial when compared to the RV we lived in for five years! The bathroom has lots of storage space and one of our favorite features, a heated floor.

I was able to unpack, and I found a spot for everything we had brought with us. I hate clutter and am happy that there are plenty of drawers in which I can stash things.

I Am Very Happy with Our Stateroom

We met Joni, our Stateroom Steward, and Ida, his assistant. Their smiles were contagious, and they wanted to know all our preferences. The few things we asked for, like extra hangers, specific sodas, and a lighter weight comforter, appeared almost instantly. We are going to be well taken care of. 

Joni and Ida

Tim and I made our way to the World Café for lunch and then spent some time exploring the ship. We were both tired, and I had never recovered from jet lag, so we decided to take it easy the rest of the day.

Enjoying Lunch with a View

Based on first impressions alone, I have no doubt that we are going to love being on the ship. We are just about ready to set sail through Scandinavia and the British Isles and visit the ports on our itinerary.

Let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment