Tuesday, November 21, 2023

We’re on Our Way

Today was the day I had been waiting for, and Tim and I finally departed for our Mediterranean Explorer and Crossing cruise. We “flew” from Fort Collins to Denver, where we boarded a United Airlines flight to Frankfort. There, we changed planes to an Air Dolomiti flight to Florence.

Some People Get Freaked Out by Blue Mustang and Its Piercing Red Eyes at the Denver Airport

Tim and I had decided to “stand by” on an earlier Landline bus to Denver since it was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Our Lyft driver arrived on time, and we were able to get on the bus. 

The Denver airport did not seem that busy, and we were through the TSA Pre-Check line in minutes. We thought we’d try the new Capital One lounge, but it was closed because of a broken pipe that flooded the space. So, we went to the United lounge and took advantage of the delicious offerings while we waited for our flight. 

It goes without saying that we enjoyed our United Polaris business class seats. This time, instead of selecting two adjoining seats in the center of the plane, we chose window seats, one in front of the other. That turned out to be a good idea. No, we weren’t together, but the seats were more private, plus we each had a window. The flight left on time, and we enjoyed the dinner and all the amenities. Though I didn’t sleep as much as I had hoped, I was so grateful to have a lie-flat seat.

My View from Seat 5A on the Way from Denver to Frankfort

Dinner and Breakfast Were Quite Tasty - You Have to Love a Chocolate Sundae!

We landed in Frankfort the next morning and were surprised to park in a remote area, where we deplaned to ride a bus to the terminal. Immigration was a breeze, and it was a relatively short walk to our connecting gate. Frankfort was a much easier airport to navigate than I had been led to believe.

We had a bit of a wait before the departure of our Air Dolomiti flight to Florence, and again, we took a bus to our plane. Tim was in business class, but I was in economy, at the back of the plane. The horrors!!! No one sat next to me, which was nice, and I took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment