Thursday, November 30, 2023

On Board Viking Neptune

Today, Tim and I concluded our pre-cruise extension and prepared to embark on our cruise. After our final breakfast at the hotel, we checked out and boarded our motorcoach for the drive to Civitavecchia, the closest port to Rome.

The drive took about three hours, and I napped most of the way. We said, “See You on the Ship,” to our new friends from the excursion and made our way to check in. Embarkation was easy, and Viking Neptune was waiting for us.

We'll See You on the Ship!


Check-In at the Port of Civitavecchia

Viking Neptune

After our safety demonstration, we ate lunch as we waited for our stateroom to be ready. The announcement came just as we were finishing dessert, so Tim made his way to our cabin, 3044, while I went to make an appointment with the travel consultant.

I forgot take photographs once I stepped into our cabin, but it is identical to the one we had last year. I’ll add a few new photos later. I met Ronny, our room steward, who is from Peru, and he was as helpful as all the crew have been.

My priority for today was booking a future cruise. Yes, I know most people are just happy to begin enjoying the current one, but I had an agenda. Promotions for the cruise we were looking at ended today, and I didn’t know if they’d be extended. So, at 6:00 pm, we met with Wes, the travel consultant, and booked our future cruise. I’ll write a separate post about where we’ll be going in late 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment