Friday, September 30, 2022

Old Town Albuquerque

After a morning overview of New Mexico’s history, we set out on a walking tour of Old Town. Tim and I had spent time here last year when we were in Albuquerque for Christmas, but I enjoyed hearing our guide’s commentary. Old Town has been the focal point of Albuquerque since it was founded in 1706, and it is distinguished by its Spanish-Pueblo style architecture. It’s always a pleasure to wander around the central plaza and admire the historic buildings that give the neighborhood such character.

Old Town Albuquerque

Our Group

We were on our own for lunch, and I joined several people in our group at the Church Street Café where I was able to sample my favorite northern New Mexican food in a beautiful setting.

In the afternoon during our free time, I spent an hour or so at the Albuquerque Museum, one of the leading institutions for art, history, and culture in the Southwest. After returning to the hotel, we were joined by a professional balloonist who gave us a presentation on hot-air ballooning.

I was in bed early since our bus leaves at 4:45 tomorrow morning. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment