Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Taking Care of Business

When one travels as much as Tim and I have been doing recently, one must fit appointments in between trips. I was able to get my bivalent COVID-19 vaccine booster and my flu shot this month, and I had my annual physical today. Tim had his physical last week.

On a more fun note, we decided to add a pre-cruise extension to our Mediterranean Explorer and Crossing cruise in November 2023. I normally don’t find extensions to be a good value, but this one seemed to be the exception.

We selected the three-night Ultimate Italy – Tuscany extension, where we will “explore the delights of Tuscany, from its legendary cuisine and delicious wines to the Renaissance treasures of Florence, where the breathtaking works of Michelangelo, da Vinci and Brunelleschi took glorious shape and changed the world.”

Our Pre-Cruise Extension

Although we intend to spend several days in Florence on our own before the extension, one additional day there would be a bonus. What most appealed to me about this extension is that we will be staying in a historic Tuscan villa and spending a full day in Siena and San Gimignano, two of my favorite Tuscan cities. We would not be able to do this tour on our own unless we rented a car or hired a driver-guide. The extension also received fabulous reviews on Cruise Critic.

On a whim, I also applied for a part time job since I have no travel plans after the balloon fiesta. If I’m not traveling, I need a project. Earlier this month, I happened to Google “Museum Jobs” and noticed a posting for a temporary position at the Loveland Museum.

I really did not expect to hear back from the City and was actually surprised when I was called for an interview. I met with the staff on September 22, and the interview seemed to go well. I liked the people I would be working with, and the position seemed like a good fit. We’ll see what happens.

Now that necessary and fun business has been taken care of, I can be on my way to New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment