Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Welcome to Maine

Noreen and I were so glad that we had picked this week to travel instead of earlier in the month when Maine was suffering through an unprecedented heatwave. The timing also allowed me to complete the process for another dental implant. Dental bills are killing me! I’d much rather spend that money on travel!

I had to get up really early this morning so Tim could drive me to the Fort Collins airport, where I boarded a motorcoach at 5:50 am for the trip to Denver International Airport. I love the fact that United Airlines has partnered with Landline so the bus trip is part of a United reservation.

I had a few hours until my flight departed from Denver, so I decided to take advantage of one of the perks of our Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card – Priority Pass membership. Although Priority Pass is best known for its network of airport lounges, it also includes restaurants in some locations. Denver doesn’t have a lounge, but it does have a restaurant. SweetWater Mountain Taphouse was a perfect place for a nice breakfast, and the fact that it only cost the price of a tip made it even better.

My flight was uneventful, and Noreen and Mike picked me up at the Portland airport. They arrived yesterday, and we are staying with our friend Steve. Tonight, he hosted a large party at his beautiful home, and I met several interesting people. Near the end of the evening, Maine’s governor showed up. It was quite interesting to see her sit back and relax and hear how her campaign for reelection was going.

Thanks Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment