Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Returning to Colorado

My flight back to Colorado was not until 3:17 pm, but we had a three-and-a-half-hour drive ahead of us. Mike was up early, as usual, packing the car and making sure everything was ready to go. What a great guy!

We took one last look at Mount Katahdin and the lake and hit the road. Traffic was light, and we arrive at the Portland airport with plenty of time to spare. Noreen and Mike were spending the night at Steve’s house, so we said our goodbyes, and I checked in for my flight.

The flight was uneventful, but the plane was full, and even though I had an aisle seat, I was reminded how much I hate economy seats. I had been offered an upgrade for $120, but I was cheap this time and didn’t bite. Next time, I’ll jump at the chance.

Tim was at the Fort Collins airport to pick me up, and I regaled him with all that I had seen. It was a wonderful getaway, but it was also nice to be home.

Visiting all the National Park Service units in Maine was an accomplishment, but spending time with Noreen and Mike meant much more to me. I’m determined to make our next visit sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment