Thursday, August 22, 2024

Canada & East Coast Explorer Cruise – Excursions Booked!

While Tim and I continue to chip away at our to-do list for our world voyage, we still must keep in mind deadlines for our upcoming Canada and East Coast Explorer cruise. Today, bookings opened for shore excursions for this cruise, and I was at my computer the second they were available.

We only have seven ports on this cruise, unlike the 86 or so we’ll have on our world voyage, so selecting our excursions was quite simple. We were quite happy with most of the included tours and booked those for almost all the ports.

Our Included Excursions

Tim decided to take an optional tour in Trois-Rivières, Canada, to visit the Musée des Abénakis, the first Indigenous museum in Quebec. I picked two optional tours in Quebec City. In the morning, I’ll visit Montmorency Falls and the Île d’Orléans, the so-called “Garden of Quebec.” In the afternoon, I’ll take a walking tour of Old Town Quebec and then have tea at the landmark Château Frontenac.

Our Optional Excursions

The Château Frontenac was one of the hotels built by the Canadian Pacific Railway to lure travelers to cross Canada by train. Tim and I will be staying at four of these hotels as we travel between Vancouver and Jasper, so I thought it would be fun to at least experience tea at the Château Frontenac, even if I couldn’t spend the night there.

No comments:

Post a Comment