Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Evolving Plans for Christmas (And the New Year)

Way back in October, Tim and I debated what we might like to do for Christmas. Tim suggested that we spend several days in Albuquerque, and that sounded like a great idea to me. We booked five nights at the Hotel Albuquerque and looked forward to spending time with friends Ruth and Lou.

Several days after making that decision, I learned that Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park (LYJO) was advertising for an intern to work with the museum collection. The park is getting ready to rehabilitate the Texas White House, and all items must be removed from the house, evaluated, cleaned, and stored.

I fired off an email to the museum curator, asking if she might be interested in two volunteers who could help with the project. Nancy responded the next day and was thrilled with our offer. We talked with her, confirmed that an RV site was available, and made arrangements to come to LYJO after our time in Albuquerque.

Our plan was to drive the RV and the Subaru to Albuquerque and then on to Texas. I had hoped to do a day trip to Santa Fe while we were in Albuquerque, but at the last minute, we decided to leave a day early and spend one night in Santa Fe on the way.

Tim and I had started December with major dental work. Tim had five crowns, and I had one. He kept singing, “All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth,” and he got them! I also got the ok for a crown on my new implant, but there wasn’t time for that one before leaving for Christmas.

We decided not to decorate for Christmas since we were leaving on December 21, figuring we could enjoy decorations New Mexico style.

A Gorgeous December Sunset from Our Balcony

Just Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment