Friday, December 31, 2021

Arriving at Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park (LYJO)

We arrived at LYJO on Friday morning and were shown to the LBJ Ranch VIP campground, where we had our choice of three sites. What a nice setting, with mature trees and not much around except deer and cows. There is even a separate building with a washer and dryer and a refrigerator for our use. Those are very nice perks! Now, if we only had a shower, we’d really be set!

LYJO - Our Home for the Next Two Months

Our Volunteer RV Site at the LBJ Ranch

Since the RV was still winterized, we had way more to do to set up than usual. We had a few challenges, but eventually everything worked out. We decided to finish the rest of the chores tomorrow. I’m glad we have three days off before we must report to work on January 3.

Tim and I were very proud of ourselves with all that we accomplished on New Year’s Eve. We finished all the chores around the RV, Tim repaired a few things and installed the tool bag, I went back to Walmart for groceries and supplies, and I cleaned the shed with the washer and dryer. It was a productive day.

I never stay up until midnight on New Year’s Eve, but I made an exception this year. At the stroke of midnight, Tim and I made a valiant effort to eat 12 grapes each, a Cuban good luck tradition. The grapes were huge, so we didn’t quite make it, but I think we should still reap a bit of good luck anyway. I had purchased a pair of yellow underwear at Walmart, and I wore those for prosperity. We have the rest of our good luck foods for tomorrow’s dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment